You are ready to take the plunge and have decided to buy your dress online. Excellent choice, you have more choice and here at Dress21 we offer you quality dresses and gowns that don't break your bank. As our dresses are made-to-order you can choose for one of our standard sizes, or to customize them based on your requirements. We offer size customization at no additional charge. So to ensure your dress has the best fit, why not go custom?
Our Standard Size Chart
If you choose for a standard size, use the below chart to look up your dress measurements and find the corresponding standard dress size. If this doesn't fit your body type and measurements, please choose for a custom size option when you order one of our dresses.
Custom Size - How to Measure Yourself For a Perfect Dress
Decided to go for a custom size dress? To ensure a perfect fit you will need to know your measurements. You can do this with a measuring tape and a helping hand of a friend. However, for the best results we recommend getting yourself measured up by someone with experience in this, e.g. a friendly tailor. We advise against doing this all by yourself.
We'll need your measurements from you in CM or Inch. Below we explain how you can do this:
Dress Measurement Instructions
- Height: stand straight and measure the length from the top of your head to the floor.
- Bust: wrap the measuring tape around the back and under your arms at the fullest part of the bust. It is advisable to wear the undergarments you'll wear with your wedding dress and wear an unpadded bra.
- Waist: ensure you stand up straight and wrap your measuring tape around the smallest part of your waist (often that is 1 CM above your belly button.
- Hips: stand with your feet together and wrap the measuring tape around the widest part of your hips and butt. Make sure your tape measure stays parallel to the floor.
- Hollow to Floor (without shoes/heels): stand straight and keep your feet together. Measure from your collarbone to the floor. Make sure to measure without your shoes/heels on.
- Heel Length / Additional Length: wearing flats with your dress? No need to provide additional measurements. Wearing heels? Please measure the height of the heels you will be wearing with the dress. This is important for floor-length dresses in particular.
Additional Measurement Instructions for Short Dresses or Long Sleeved Dresses
For Short Dresses:
In addition to your height, bust, waist, hips and heel height measurements, please provide the below measurements in CM or Inch:
- Hollow to Hem: Stand up straight with your feet together (without shoes). Measure from the center of your collarbone, down to where the hem of dress should be (excluding any train)
For Long Sleeved Dresses:
In addition to your height, bust, waist, hips and hollow to floor and heel height measurements, please provide the below measurements in CM or Inch:
- Armhole: raise your arm parallel to floor and measure yourself around the armpit across the outside edge of shoulder. Ensure to pull your hand down and make sure the measure tape stays vertically.
- Shoulder to Shoulder: measure yourself from shoulder tip to shoulder tip from the back
- Arm Length: measure yourself from shoulder tip to your wrist with your arm slightly bended in elbow joint
- Biceps: measure yourself around your arm at the fullest part of your upper arm. Please ensure the arm is let down and relaxed and that it's measured horizontally
Measurement Instructions for Flower Girl Dresses
Most of our flower girl dresses come in standard sizes. Please measure your little princess and refer to the size chart below to find the best fitting dress size.
- Bust: wrap the measuring tape around the back and under her arms at the fullest part of the bust.
- Waist: ensure your princess stands up straight and wrap your measuring tape around the smallest part of her waist (often that is 1 CM above the belly button.
- Hips: let your princess stand with her feet together and wrap the measuring tape around the widest part of her hips. Make sure your tape measure stays parallel to the floor.
- Hollow to Floor: let your princess stand straight and ensure feet are kept together. Measure from her collarbone to the floor (without shoes)
(open in new window to enlarge size)